Congratulations! Your jeans are finally broken!
Your jeans might not be new any longer but they are most certainly more unique, beautiful and full of character. Regardless of your lifestyle, your jeans have become a log of the time you spent wearing them - you might even have a few anecdotes referring to the different stains, abrasions, or scrapings!
Watch the video and follow these steps to repair your denim and give them a new life.
1. The jeans should be freshly laundered and dry for best results. If you don't want to wash your jeans, just clean the area where the patch will be placed with a damp cloth.
2. Set your iron to "cotton" for about 5 minutes.
3. Thoroughly iron the area of the jeans where the patch will be placed.
4. Turn the jeans inside out and place a denim patch on the torn area. Cut it to fit if necessary.
5. Place the interfacing above the denim patch. Make sure that the soft side is facing down and the rough side is facing up, otherwise the patch will stick to the iron. The interfacing should overlap the denim patch with about one centimeter on all edges.
6. Press firmly with iron for 25-30 seconds.
7. Let cool for one minute. If the edge of the patch can be lifted, repeat step 6.
8. Start on the inside, fasten the thread with a few knots. Work the needle up and down through the jeans and the patch. Use the thimble as it might go rough on your fingers.
9. Make the last stitch and tie a knot on the inside.
10. Your jeans are ready to wear!
© 2016 Due West